USS Kearsarge (BB-5)
USS Kearsarge (BB-5) was the lead ship of a class of battleships built for the US Navy. Commissioned in February, 1900, Kearsarge became flagship of the North Atlantic Squadron, and spent much of her time showing the flag in Europe. Kearsarge suffered an accidental powder ignition in 1906, but was not heavily damaged. She was part of the Great White Fleet's world tour in 1907-09, and was one of the ships that made the full voyage. She decommissioned for modernization shortly after their return, and rejoined the fleet in 1911 with new masts and boilers, and an updated secondary armament. Kearsarge served as a training ship until 1920, when she was decommissioned, converted to a craneship, and redesignated first IX-16, then AB-1. Kearsarge raised the submarine Squalis in 1939, and was renamed Crane Ship 1 in 1941. She continued serving until 1955, when she was sold for scrap.