USS Arawan II (SP-1)
Launched in 1912, the SS Arawan II was a civilian pleasure yacht, owned by Charles Longstreth of Philadelphia. In 1916, as US involvement in WWI became more and more likely, Longstreth painted her grey and used her in exercises with the Navy. The USN took Arawan II over in March, 1917, keeping her name, but calling her SP-1. Longstreth was commissioned into the Reserve, and made captain of the ship, and they spent the next year and a half patrolling Delaware Bay and the Delaware River. Arawan decommissioned 29 November, 1918, and returned to civilian life with Longstreth. At some point post-War, Arawan II was renamed Diane, and she foundered off Mexico 6 May, 1932.