S 130 is the only surviving S-boot (E-boat, as the Allies called them). Commissioned 21 October, 1943, she was part of the S 100 sub-class, and operated in the English Channel and North Sea. On 28 April, 1944, S 130 participated in an attack for a dress rehearsal for the Allied invasion of Normandy, which became known as the Battle of Lyme Bay. S 130 survived the War, and was handed over to the Royal Navy as a prize and renamed P5230. After evaluation, she was used for covert operations in the Baltic by MI6. S 130 was returned to the West German Navy in 1957, where she was used for training recruits in mine and torpedo warfare. At some point, S 130 was used as a houseboat, and was later on display in Wilhelmshaven. In 2003, she was purchased by the British Military Powerboat Trust, and brought to Southampton for restoration. She was purchased again in 2008, by Kevin Wheatcroft, and restoration work has been underway since. In 2020, the Richmond drydock in Bristol was acquired to berth S 130, though work remains incomplete.