Patria was a modified Dryad-class torpedo gunboat bought by the Argentinian Navy from the British company Laird Brothers. Launched in 1893, Patria arrived in Argentina in December, 1894. She was armed with two 4.7" and four 2.6" Armstrong guns, and two 1.9" Nordenfelt guns, plus a pair of machine guns and five 18" torpedo tubes. Top speed was 20 knots. She finished out her career as a survey vessel, before her decommissioning in 1927.