HMS Nairana (D05)
Begun as a freighter, HMS Nairana (D05) was purchaesd by the Admiralty partway through construction, and converted to an escort carrier. Originally laid down in November, 1941, Nairana was commissioned in December, 1943. As completed, she could carry up to twenty aircraft, consisting of a mix of Wildcats/Martlets, Sea Hurricanes, and Swordfish. Nairana served in the Atlantic and Arctic, escorting convoys. Nairana was initially assigned to Captain Walker's 2nd Escort Group, then transferred to the 15th later in the year. She saw most of her successes in the fighter interception role, as U-boats at this point of the War could detect her Swordfish's older radars. She was given to the Dutch in 1946, and recommissioned Hr.Ms. Karel Doorman. She served in this capacity until 1948, when she was returned to the British, and re-converted to a merchantman. Renamed Port Victor, she was then operated by Blue Star Port Lines until scrapped in 1971.