Ellida was a first class gunboat, launched in 1880. Commissioned into the Royal Norwegian Navy 1 July, 1882, she displaced just over 1,000 tons (number varies by source), but carried a decent armament for her size: one 15cm/25 caliber gun and one 12cm/25 caliber gun, and a torpedo tube were fitted. Ellida was the second ship in the Norwegian Navy to carry the Whitehead torpedo, and she was also able to raise and lower her steam funnel. She underwent a refit in 1896, after which she was reclassified as a steam corvette, and was moved to a training role in 1898. Refitted again in 1914, Ellida was used as a mothership for submarines until 1925, when she was decommissioned and sold for scrap.