KDM Odin (1872)
KDM Odin was a central-battery ironclad, commissioned 7 September, 1874. Odin had a top speed of 12 knots on her single shaft, but a pretty impressive cruise range for the time of 1200 nautical miles. The guns were accompanied by a retractable ram in the bow. Odin initially mounted four Armstrong 10" (254mm) rifled muzzle-loading guns, and six 76mm (3") guns. However, the 76mm guns were replaced by four 87mm (3.4") rifled cannons in 1883, and the Armstrongs were converted to breech-loaders by Krupp. The guns were given better firing arcs in 1898, and Odin received an armored conning tower at the same time. She served until 1912, decommissioning that June, and was sold for scrap in the Netherlands.